As a centre we get a little bit of a feel of just how many people are moving to our beautiful town of Gympie! We have met numerous families looking for care at Parkside ELC and usually they come with a range of child-related questions – Where is the best Swim school? What can you do on the weekend? Is there a child-friendly restaurant (other than McDonalds!)?
This is why our Parkside ELC staff have created this must-do list of their family favourites. Here is their top 10 in order of popularity:
- The new Aquatic and Recreation Centre -its just down the road from our centre in Tozer Park Road! Indoor and outdoor swimming, a gym and outdoor waterpark awaits you
- The Gympie Jungle indoor playground – our centre’s go to place for vacation care and parties, like our graduation party.
- The duckponds and playground, officially known as Lake Alford Park. Watch the birds, have a picnic and enjoy the fence playground with your little ones.
- A drive to Rainbow Beach. Great for swimming and playing in the sun, climb and slide down Carlo Sandblow or go for a family drive in a 4WD.
- Cobb and Co – a camp ground but open to day visitors. The families can choose from activities such as flying fox, farm yard, the creek, train ride, BMX track or fun on the pirate ship playground. There is also some nice walking tracks around. Day visitor fees apply.
- Cooloola Berries Farm – another one of our vacation care favourites. Pick your own juicy strawberries, eat fresh ice-cream and room the farm to meet the animals.
- Fishing at Tin Can Bay – there are plenty of fishing spots around Gympie but if you leave early enough you might get a glimpse of the dolphins at Tin Can Bay waiting for the many visitors.
- Bunnings – you can’t beat the DIY and craft sessions at Bunnings. And did we mention they are FREE!
- Skate Zone – fairly new to Gympie but super popular! Fun for the whole family…
- Ten Pin Bowling – another family favourite. Go out together for a game of Ten pin bowling or use some of the arcade games in the separate room. They serve food, too!
This is of course not a complete list of things to do but we hope the Parkside staff could be of help with their tried and trusted activities in and around Gympie. For more information check out the Gympie council website. https://www.gympie.qld.gov.au/whats-on