Does your child suffer from sleep problems? If so, according to University of Cologne (Germany) research (originally published in the journal SLEEP), he or she is more likely to have trouble falling asleep than staying asleep. Here are some tips to help your children that may attend child care and help them sleep better from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:
- Follow a consistent bedtime routine. Set aside 10 to 30 minutes to get your child ready to go to sleep.
- Establish a relaxing setting at bed time.
- Interact with your child at bed time. Don’t let the television, computer or video games take your place.
- Keep your children from TV programs, movies and video games which are not appropriate for their age.
- Do not let your child fall asleep while being held, rocked, fed a bottle or while nursing.
- At bed time, do not allow your child to have foods or drinks which contain caffeine. Try not to give him or her any medicine which has a stimulant at bed time.
Childcare, Kindergarten, Nursery, Kindy, Child Care, Daycare, Day Care, Gympie, Sleep, Best