Parkside Early Learning Centre is family owned and that runs Kindergarten, Gympie’s only Bush Kindy, Yoga, Second Languages, Sport & Music, provides all Meals and Nappies, surrounded by beautiful Parklands, plus more.
Family owned and run centre
Nutritious meals provided
to fuel brain development
to develop concentration & confidence
for advanced brain development
for physical & social development
Call today to find why families choose Parkside above the rest
- We are a professional family owned and operated child care centre centre. We really care. Owners Carolin and Andrew Riley are both early childhood educators and run the centre hands-on.
- The only Centre in Gympie to run Bush Kindy in the parklands surrounding the Centre
- Weeky Yoga sessions run by a professional qualified yoga instructor
- We offer second languages learning. Research shows that if children are exposed to multiple languages at a young age can help brain development
- We run a purposeful music and movement program in the centre
- Sport program run by one of our resident coach and owner Mr Andrew
- We provide all meals that are nutritious and healthy at no extra cost
- The centre is uniquely surrounded by beautify parkland that are used by all ages every week
- We run a free courtesy bus that is offered to those families with limited transport options
We invite you to learn more about Parkside by calling or booking a tour today! Come and see what makes our approach to early-childhood education stand out above the rest.
Phone: 07 5482 7738
Address: 9 Tozer Park Road, Gympie, 4570, QLD
Opening Hours: 6:00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday
MEET THE OWNERS
See what the Parkside Family has been up to today on our Facebook page here…
Welcome to Parkside Early Learning Centre. Parkside ELC is an independent, family-owned child-care experience unlike any other.
We successfully develop, equip and prepare children for life.
We are a new Early Learning Centre established in 2015 although the facility has been around for a number of years.
The program is based on the principles of respect, responsibility, and community through exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on the interests of the children through a self-guided curriculum. We believe that all children are capable, independent, and curious thinkers. Creating authentic experiences, meaningful relationships and stimulating environments is our secret to capturing your child’s heart and mind everyday. We consider your children to be a part of our Parkside family, and we are honoured that you would entrust your child in our care. Our promise to you is that we will strive each day to create an environment that each child will thrive in all areas of their development.
We invite you to learn more about Parkside by calling for a tour today! Come and see what makes our approach to early-childhood education stand out above the rest.
“What a relief to have such a caring, friendly and professional childcare centre like Parkside Early Learning Centre available to us!
I am a full time working mum with 2 children who attend the after school and vacation care programs at Parkside. The staff are not only friendly and caring, they are also all professional and highly motivated to provide the highest care and learning environment for my children.
My children LOVE being there – it is only ever a struggle to get my children to leave when I come and pick them up!! I am constantly being told by my kids “why are you picking us up so early mum…can’t we stay just a bit longer”
The obvious other major draw cards are the courtesy bus, the nutritious meals provided (where they have managed to get my son to eat amazing food he won’t eat for me!!), the convenience of the centre with the beautiful park side surrounds which the Centre takes full advantage of and the amazing improvements and upgrades the new owners have made.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Andrew, Carolin and all of the staff at Parkside – without you guys in our life we would really struggle!!”
Toni, mother of Saylor (8) and Corbin (6)
Why Choose Us
Why Choose Us?
- The only Early Learning Centre that runs Bush Kindy in the parklands surrounding our beautiful location
- We are a professional family owned and operated centre. We really care.
- The owners Carolin and Andrew Riley who are both Early Childhood Educators run the centre hands-on
- A professional Yoga instructor runs weekly Yoga lessons to help the children build concentration, develop their confidence, learn how to manage their emotions, and create healthy habits for life
- Nutritious meals are included at no extra cost to feed developing brains and give much needed energy
- We offer second language learning. Research shows that if children are exposed to multiple languages at a young age this can help brain development
- We run a purposeful music program by owner Miss Carolin
- Sport program run by one of our resident coach and owner Mr Andrew
- We are located on a residential street with easy access to nature, where we get to enjoy beautiful parklands next door regularly and spend time observing the sights and sounds of nature up close!
- Limited transitions between classrooms. Children will spend a minimum of one year in an environment.
- We take children from 6 weeks old and provide all nappies and wipes
- Offer different sessions to benefit the needs of each family and to get the most out of their child care subsidies
- We run a free courtesy bus that is offered to those families that would not otherwise be able to attend child care because of limited transport options
Child Care to Compare
|BENEFITS||PARKSIDE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE||OTHER CHILD CARE CENTRES|
|Provide Nutritious Meals||Yes||No|
|Professionally Led Kids Yoga||Yes||No|
|Purposeful Music Program||Yes||No|
|Family Owned and Run||Yes||No|
|Learning 2nd Language||Yes||No|
|Surrounded by Beautiful Parklands||Yes||No|
|Sessional Care Options||Yes||No|
|Provide Nappies & Wipes||Yes||No|
|Large Natural Open Spaces||Yes||No|
|Qualified and Trained Educators||Yes||Yes|
|Queensland Approved Kindergarten Program||Yes||Yes|
|Outside School Hours Care||Yes||Yes|
|Open 6.00am - 6.00pm||Yes||Yes|
Call us today to book a visit to see the difference for yourself. 07 5482 7738
Hear from Parkside Mum Bridget
“There are numerous things to love about Parkside. First I love that meals are provided by the Centre, when getting 4 children ready for the day having to not worry about even one child’s lunch is very helpful. Secondly the staff is wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful, always balancing different learning abilities and personalities of the children. Thirdly, the time that is put in from the staff, from getting to know the children to working bees and additional training. I could go on with more but I think people should find out how wonderful the centre is themselves.”
Bridgette, mother of Talloulah (3) and Cheyenne (6)
Kindergarten & Pre-Prep
Pre-prep & Kindergarten is for children the year before they start school.
Parkside Kindergarten is a registered Kindergarten with the Queensland Government approved to deliver the state based Kindergarten program.
The focus areas of Parkside Kindergarten program are:
- develop a love of learning
- make friends
- develop skills useful for life
- preparing the children for school
The Kindergarten program runs 5 days a week. This program is supported by our Bachelor qualified Kindy teacher and is the best start you can give your child entering the Prep year at school.
Parkside Kindergarten is also the only program in Gympie to run Bush Kindy in the beautiful parklands next door.
The Senior Kindy covers the ages 3-4 years.
In this age group children would have gained a high level of independence and have a strong input into what goes on around them. We aim to get them more involved in their daily planned activities and focus on their strengths and interests to provide stimulating activities and experiences for them.
During the Senior Kindy year we focus on positive social and emotional skills, literacy and numeracy skills and work on preparing them for a successful transition to the government approved Kindergarten program that is run at Parkside.
Junior Kindy is for ages 2-3 years. The children will have a greater sense of independence, their language skills will develop hugely and this helps them to build friendships and communicate their needs better with the people around them. This age group is very busy. We will support them by providing activities that feed their natural curiosity and help them experiment. We focus on gross- and fine-motor skill development by setting up obstacle courses or doing music and movement sessions. Art and craft activities will stimulate their creative side and educators are constantly walking alongside children to support their social and emotional development in a positive way.
Our toddler room covers the age of 15 months to 24 months.
This is a busy little room! Toddlers are true explorers and are into everything!
During the Toddler stage children continue to mainly learn and explore with their senses.
Our educators program for this by offering lots of messy play, art activities, singing and dancing, cooking, outdoor exploration and physical play. At this age we focus on teaching basic social skills like using gentle hands with others, using manners and practise first sharing and turn taking.
Educators also challenge our Toddlers’ language development by reading to them daily and encourage the use of new words.
Our Nursery is for ages 6 weeks to 15 months.
Those first few months of a child’s live are precious!
The base for this at Parkside are nurturing relationships between the baby and the educator.
Babies use all five senses to begin exploring the world around them. Our educators provide a safe environment with lots of sensory input through music and singing, gentle touch, challenge back strength through tummy time and support when learning to roll, crawl, stand and walk.
It is vital that educators also build strong relationships with the babies parents or carers to provide a fluid care environment between the home and the service. Parkside provides all baby food, nappies and wipes too.
School Aged Care
School aged care covers the ages 5 – 12 years and offers before school care, after school care and vacation care. During school term time children will be dropped off to school or picked up from school by our courtesy bus service.
Children can enjoy a relaxing and fun time at the centre with their peers. They are offered age appropriate activities and toys and are encouraged to complete their homework tasks. During the school holidays we offer special event days like cooking days, craft days or sport and game days as well as excursions to places like Gympie Ten Pin Bowling, Gympie Jungle Gym or the library.
Parkside Early Learning Centre services the following areas:
Child Care for Gympie
Child Care for Victory Heights
Child Care for East Deep Creek
Child Care for Southside
Child Care for Monkland
Child Care for Chatsworth
Child Care for Tamaree
Child Care for Fishermans Pocket
Child Care for Araluen
Child Care for Banks Pocket
Child Care for Jones Hill
Child Care for 2 Mile
Child Care for Curra
Child Care for Nahrunda
Child Care for Widgee Crossing South